BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Road Trip to Grangeville!

J, myself and Sweet P took a bit of a road trip and headed to my hometown of Grangeville for the 4th of July holiday!  We started out on Wednesday, June 30th.  We headed over the mountain thru Bend and stopping for a few hours in Burns. 


Burns is the town where my grandparents lived for over 40 years and both my parents grew up in.  There is no family left there now, but my grandparents are buried there.  I was very, very close to my grandma and I miss them both every day.  We spent some time playing the park that I played in as a child and then headed over to visit my grandparents grave.



After our visit in Burns, we drove on to Ontario where we stayed the night.  Sweet P went swimming for the first time at our hotel; she didn't really like it though.  We also went and had a nice visit with some family friends; my parents have known them for about 43 years.


The next morning, we made the final trek onto Grangeville.

While in Grangeville, we enjoyed the annual Border Days celebration!  Sweet P wasn't really that interested in the parades, but she did enjoy watching all of the kids running out to get candy.  It was a lot of fun running into old classmates and friends and spending time with my family.  My niece, nephew and brother all came to visit while we were there and Sweet P sure loved playing with my parents cats and dog!  Sweet P also watched fireworks for the first time.  Since they didn't start until 10pm, she was extremely exhausted and just watched in a zombie-like trance!








We headed back home early Monday morning.  I love going home to Grangeville, but I also love coming home to my house!  I can't wait to take her back for Border Days next year!

0 comments: