Maxwell Napoleon (aka Max) is my kitty who I have had for nearly 11 years; he will turn 11 on June 6th. Max is a very quirky little creature who is very set in his ways; he absolutely loathes children of any size. No exaggeration. You would think after 5 years of living with HJ and AJ he would have warmed up to them by now, but that is not so. While pregnant, I often wondered how he would respond to the new baby. I figured that he would just ignore her until she was old enough to torment him, and then he would hiss and slap at her with his clawless paws.
When I was about 6 months pregnant, Max's behavior toward me changed. He has always been very loving toward me (since I am his mom), but he became kind of protective. If I was sitting, he had to be on my lap, no matter what. At night time, instead of laying beside me or at the foot of the bed, he would sleep on my pillow with his body wrapped around my head. It was incredibly annoying, yet really funny!
His attitude toward Sweet P has surprised me very much. She is obviously "his" baby and he is soooooo protective of her! If she is crying, he has to be in the room to make sure she is okay. He likes laying beside her when we are holding her; this includes the kids too! Never has he let the kids cuddle with him, but if they are holding Sweet P, he has to be there to make sure his baby is safe! Last night, Sweet P was crying and J was taking her upstairs to change her diaper and clothing. Max followed them up there and stood watch until Sweet P calmed down and quit crying! I think that he feels this way toward her because she is a part of me; I can't think of any other explanation for it. It is so cute though, that I had to post a few of the pictures that we have taken!



1 comments:
Happy Mother's Day!!! (belated!) You guys are so stinkin' cute. It's great to hear Max is so in tuned to your sweet Presley.
By the way, THANK YOU for that awesome baby announcement. It meant so much! She really is beautiful. I seriously need to finish this baby present soon! Ug! Sorry for the delay!
My ultrasound is scheduled for Tuesday morning! I'll totally keep you posted!!
I sure love you guys!!
Post a Comment