So, I managed to go nearly 30 years without being in any car accidents. It would figure that the streak would come to an end when I have my newborn baby in the car with me. That is exactly what happened yesterday morning. Sweet P and I were headed out to the Air Base to take J something to eat and we were in an accident not more than 4 miles from our house. I freaked out because the airbag deployed and I didn't know that there would be smoke, so I thought my car was on fire. I pulled over to the side of the road and couldn't get my door open, which sent me into even further hysterics. I finally managed to get out and got Sweet P out; she slept through the entire thing. Thank goodness, because if she had been crying I think I would have had a major breakdown! After the car was towed off, J took us to the emergency room just to get checked out. My left arm is pretty banged up and nasty from the airbag deployment, but Sweet P was completely unharmed. As for my beautiful Honda Pilot, well, its hard to say. We should find out tomorrow if it is a total loss. The tow truck driver said that most cars that have the airbag deploy are considered a total loss. I spent most of yesterday in tears feeling incredibly guilty for putting my daughter in danger, but I have calmed down today and realized that she is not injured and that is all that matters. We should be getting our loaner car this afternoon, but I don't know that I ever want to drive again!
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Chrissy, I'm so relieved to hear that you are both okay. I CAN NOT imagine what must have been going through your mind after being hit. It's traumatic enough when it's just you, but to have your baby with you is even worse! I wish I could give you a hug! Again, I'm so glad your okay...just sorry you went through that!
What is worse is that I am the one at fault. The car ahead of me didn't have brake lights or was going incredibly slowly and when I realized it, I hit the brakes but my foot slid off and by the time I got it out from under the pedal and as I was slamming on the brakes again, I smashed into the car going about 30 mph. I keep thinking about how I put my baby in danger and I can't stop crying. This parenting thing is so hard sometimes!
Post a Comment