Yesterday, J and HJ took part in the first annual Portland Polar Plunge to raise money for the Special Olympics of Oregon! They, along with more than 500 others, ran into the freezing Columbia River (the water was about 38 degrees). Thanks to all who donated to this wonderful cause. J raised just over $600, HJ raised $285 and their team total (the 142nd Red Hawks from the Portland Air Base) was just over $4700! The grand total from yesterdays event was more than $116, 000! They have been doing this event in Bend every year, but I think with the success of Portland, this will be an annual event in the Rose City also! As you can see by HJ's face in the first 2 pictures, the water was a bit shocking! I can only imagine because I was freezing just standing on the beach watching! And, well I have to brag! I'm sure you Portlanders will recognize the person in the last picture.....Drew Carney! Yep, I got to meet him and shake his hand. You know you're jealous!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Hunter, I am so proud of you!! What you've done for the Special Olympics shows your noble heart and your goodness. You get that from your parents. You know that right? (Proved simply by the fact that he didn't do the plunge on his own AND your family has been gathering support for you and preparing for this event for weeks)
You guys really are amazing people!
Post a Comment