BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's been awhile......

So, I thought I would just write a quick update since its been almost a month. There really hasn't been much to report and that's why I haven't posted any new blogs. Christmas came and went without much fanfare. The most excitement was us getting a new recliner for our living room! HJ and AJ spent the holidays in Utah with their mom's side of the family, so we just had a very quiet holiday at home. We spent New Year's Eve at McMenamins Edgefield, which was fantastic! So much fun, free concerts galore, just a great evening all around. We were mostly trapped at home during the holidays do to the unbelievable amount of snow that the Portland metro area received. The streets in our neighborhood were never plowed, and that caused everyone to be pretty much trapped at home for about 3-4 days. You could not even see the deck out back of our house, it was completely covered in snow! I can honestly say that if I never see snow again, I will be okay with it! I'm thankful that the area we live in is not affected by all of the flooding due to the rapid melting of the snow.
We have now purchased the nursery bedding and ordered all of the furniture. Zachary will be moving out at the end of February, and we will be able to get started painting and decorating the nursery! I am excited! The nesting instinct has set in and its driving me nuts that I have nowhere to put any of the baby stuff that I am acquiring. Our bedroom walls are lined with boxes of baby clothes and blankets. Oh, and our little girl officially has a name!!!!!!! I never thought it would happen since we had completely differing ideas about what she should be called. But finally last week, J called from work and when he said the name, I immediately knew that it was THE name!
I had my 24 week checkup yesterday (even though I am 25 weeks as of tomorrow). Her heartbeat was perfect at 150 beats/minute. I will be having a scheduled C-section, so hopefully at one of my next appointments we will be setting the date for Sweet P to arrive!
I think that's about it for us. I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season and that 2009 will be the best year yet!

0 comments: