BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter!

The day before Easter, we took Sweet P to the Wood Village Easter Egg Hunt.  This is an event sponsored by Walmart, the Easter bunny is flown in by helicopter and there are over 13,000 eggs for the kids to hunt.  Sounds fun, right.  Not so much.  It is a free for all when the bunny arrives, and only the kids whose parents are willing to  throw elbows and knock children down get to have their kids pictures taken.  Poor P, she got right up next to the bunny trying to get a hug, but no success.  After that, it's time for the egg hunt.  P was in the 2 and under category and that seemed like a relatively safe group to be with.  Wrong.  Just before it started, the officials specifically said that no parents were allowed to go into the clearing where the eggs were.  That made me nervous, but I understood.  As soon as they yelled "go"  a sea of children (not just 2 and under) and a hoard of parents went running into the clearing.  Parents were grabbing eggs!  I scrambled in after Sweet P to save her from being trampled.  She walked away with just 3 eggs, but I suppose that is good because I heard other kids crying because they did not get any.  Not the morning I had in mind.......

 

 



That afternoon, AJ had her first soccer game.  It was a beautiful day outside and it was fun hanging out with my sis-in-law, bro-in-law, and niece Zoe.  Later in the afternoon, HJ had a baseball game.  His team is undefeated 8-0!
 


Easter morning, despite the wet and cold conditions, P got to hunt for easter eggs in our front yard.  She didn't like picking up the wet eggs at first, but then she got the hang of it and was really excited each time she found a new egg!


 

 

0 comments: