On February 18th, President Obama made a stop in Portland and J worked the presidential detail on the air base. Sweet P, HJ, AJ and I were fortunate enough to get to be in the crowd to greet the President when he arrived. It was very cold and nasty outside, and as a result both Sweet P and I got sick, but it was well worth it to have such a memorable experience! Both HJ and AJ got to shake his hand and he tickled Sweet P's face and called her a "cutie pie!" I was holding Sweet P with one arm and had the camera in my other hand, so I was not able to shake his hand, but he did say "hello" to me. HJ and AJ were so excited that they got to meet a "celebrity." It was awesome. I don't think it matters if you are democrat or republican, if you support the president or not, you have to admit that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity!
Air Force One arriving at the base
President Obama exiting the plane
This was when he was shaking HJ's hand!
This was when he was tickling Sweet P's cheek and calling her a "cutie pie"!









0 comments:
Post a Comment