BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 4, 2011

For My 2 Loyal Readers!

I would like to dedicate this post to my mom and my good friend Leslie.  Both have been on me for being a slacker and not updating my blog more often!  I think they are the only 2 who still actually read this, so here's to you ladies!  Sorry I didn't make any posts in January.  It is such a blah, yucky month and I could not locate my motivation anywhere!  But February has arrived and I will try my hardest to be a better blogger!  

Christmas was very low key and relaxed at our house.  We actually did our celebrating as a family on Christmas Eve before H and A went back to their moms house.  J, Sweet P and I had Christmas dinner with Dawn and Scott.  






The biggest news in December is that we added another member to our family: Matilda Noelle.  Jarrod surprised me by giving me a Litter Maid litter box, which was his way of telling me it was OK to get another kitty!  I looked at the local shelters website and immediately fell in love with Matilda (I even loved the name they had given her).  So the next day, I made an appointment to meet her, and by the end of the day, she was settling into her new home with us!  She is the perfect cat for our family and she LOVES Sweet P!  They are the best of friends!





For New Year's eve,  we had a family friendly shin dig here at the house.  Poker, lots of food, kids running around, laughter, fancy party hats and decorations - a good time was had by all!




Not much took place in January.  We are working on potty training Sweet P, but she is obnoxiously stubborn!  She is so ready, but is fighting it with everything she has.  We started trying last summer and she was so excited about it, but that quickly changed and she cries when we try to get her to sit on the potty chair.  P also came down with a really nasty flu bug that lasted more than a week.  It all started with a massive amount of projectile vomiting all over the inside of my car as we were on the 205 bridge driving into Vancouver.  It was awful!  Poor girl!  



On a personal note, I began my weight loss and fitness journey on Sunday, January 23rd.  I made the decision that I need to show my daughter a good example by eating healthy and being fit.  My new favorite store is Trader Joe's and I am trying my best to buy only organic foods.  I re-joined the gym this week, and although I am extremely sore, I feel great!  My goal going into this was to lose 20-25 pounds and then maintain the weight.  I am 12 days into it and I have already dropped 8 pounds!

We are getting our family pictures taken later this afternoon, so I will hopefully post pictures tonight!

0 comments: