BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Time, it is a flying!

I can't seem to keep up with blogging lately.  It seems like I just wrote last week, but I see that it really has been more than a month!  Between working and spending all of my off time with Sweet P, the time just gets away from me!

Sweet P turned 17 months old this week!  It's so strange that she is no longer in the "baby" stage, but she is still very much my little baby.  She continues to be a little daredevil, and I won't be surprised if she doesn't get through her toddler years without a broken bone.  She climbed the ladder all the way to the top of H's bed not too long ago, and she rarely will ride her rocking horse the way she should ~ she instead likes to stand on the seat to rock!  She has figured out how to climb on top of a stool or chair to get to things she shouldn't, hence her burning her finger yesterday on my hair straightener while I was getting dressed (quick reflexes though, so not too bad).  She doesn't want help going up and down the stairs; she wants to do it herself, and not crawling either.  She is so proud of herself when she does something new and we praise her as being a "big girl"!


Sweet P is also quite the chatter box; everyday she says something new that astounds me.  Here are some of the words/phrases/sentences that we have heard: "whatcha doing", "thank you", "I'm done now", "don't bite", "no way ", "momma", "dadda", "whoa", "wow", "NO", "hooray", "hi", "buh-bye", "dog", "kitty", "meow", "nose", "eye".  I am also almost positive that I have heard her say her name as well as her babysitter Stacys name!  I'm sure there are more words that I am forgetting as well!  Right now, I am really working with her to say "please".  She is so good with her thank you's, she just needs to get her pleases down!
Sweet P also has an obsession with shoes!  She wears my shoes all over the house, and sometimes daddys shoes too!  Poor Auntie Dawn can barely walk in without Presley pulling her shoes off of her to wear!

Sweet P is slowly starting to bond with Uncle Zachary.  He is temporarily staying with us, so she is becoming accustomed to seeing him everyday.  I think that when he is no longer here everyday, she will miss him.

Teething continues to be an ongoing source of discomfort.  Most children get all 4 of their front teeth before their molars come in, but not my Sweet P.  She got her 2 lower teeth in the spring, then in August, J discovered that her upper left molar was in!  About a week later, her upper front left tooth came through, and just today I noticed that her lower left molar is now in.  We are still waiting for the upper front right tooth which seems to move up and down.  Sweet P is becoming a good little eater, well at least when her teeth aren't bothering her.  She will usually try just about anything, as long as it is not on her plate!  She likes to be a "big girl" and eat the same food as mommy and daddy.  We are working on using utensils, but she typically makes a really big mess instead of eating when we try.  Potty training is a slow go.  She was really into going potty on her big girl chair for a while there, but she now refuses to.  I think it is just a phase and that she will be eager to start up again soon (or at least I hope).


The fall JBF sale was last weekend, and I walked away with some smoking deals on clothes and shoes for P, including an adorable halloween costume that was just $6!  I spent exactly $100 and I sold just over $255!  I'm excited for the spring sale


Alright, I think that should catch y'all up on Sweet P.  Hopefully I will post again before halloween, but if not, I certainly will right after that.

0 comments: