Today, Sweet P is 9 months old! That means that she has been out in the world just as long as she was baking in my belly! We had her 9 month check-up today, and she now weighs 22.5 pounds, is 29.5 inches long and in the 95th percentile for both height and weight! In addition to that, Dr. Frank told us that she is "very advanced" for a 9 month old! Of course, we already thought that, but it sure was nice to have her pediatrician confirm it!
Ms. P has such a funny little personality! She has learned what "No" means, though she doesn't always obey. She is so close to walking, I think she will have it down within the month. She waves, claps, makes "k" sounds when the kitty comes in the room, follows me around going "mmmmmmm", and she LOVES to play peek-a-boo! She is just so much fun!
We are in the home stretch of nursing; only 3 more months til I have met my goal. I know that weening her will be tramatic because that is her comfort. I am dreading it. I love having that special bonding time with her, but I have grown weary of having to pump as often as I do. Still no teeth yet, but I think that one will poke through any day now. Her hair is getting really long and we are starting to see some red tints in it.
I just love this little woman so very much; its hard to even remember what life was like before her!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Congratulations, you guys!! She is a beautiful baby! Good for you for your nursing success. I've not been able to nurse that long with any of my children (I'm really hoping to with RP though). As bitter-sweet as it is to stop nursing, there are other opportunities to bond as mother and daughter.
Pretty soon, you'll be able to snuggle up and read together. Also, nighttime and bedtime rituals provide so many opportunities for bonding. There is little sweeter than watching your baby fall asleep, completely happy, safe and warm, knowing they are so so loved.
Great job, Chrissy! You are such a good Momma!!
Post a Comment