On April 20th at 8:08 a.m., I heard my daughter cry for the first time. Since it was a c-section delivery, there was a curtain up and I could not yet see her, but that first little sound that she made was enough to bring the tears streaming down my face. It took a few seconds before I was able to see her, and by then I was a blithering mess. J was sitting on a stool behind my head, so I couldn't see his face head on, but he was giggling, so I knew that he was trying to fight back tears. They took her over to the baby examining table and I got my first glimpse. I am still in awe that J and I created something so incredibly beautiful and perfect. J quickly went over to her and took a few pictures, then he said that his fingertips were going numb and he needed to sit down. Quickly, he moved down to the floor of the operating room. Once he knew he could get up without passing out, he quickly exited out into the hallway where he apparently began crying. He was so overcome with emotion, he almost fainted! He was gone a good 15 minutes composing himself and then calling and texting everyone. During that time, I laid there and watched while the nurse did all of the testing on my baby and I listened to her strong little lungs. When they finally brought her over to me, they laid her down across my chest and she quit crying and just stared at me. It was the most amazing moment.
Sweet P is such a good baby! The only problems we are having is with breast feeding. For the first 2 days, she wouldn't latch onto my right breast and then today she decided that now she will only take my right breast. But now that we have come home, she is refusing both breasts, so I am having to pump and give her a bottle. I do not like having to do that, but she is a tad jaundice and as long as she is getting the nutrients from my breasts, that is all the matters. If she is asleep, she WILL NOT be woken up to eat. The lactation nurse did not believe me when I told her this, but she quickly learned that I know what I am talking about! Sweet P literally has to be wide awake in order to eat, and since she sleeps all the time, it makes it a little difficult. She has slept through the night since she was born, only waking when the nurses would check her vitals. I am hoping that this is a lasting trend!
We got home from the hospital around noon today and are adjusting to our new life rather easily so far. I feel pretty good considering I just had major surgery 3 days ago. As long as I take my pain meds when I am suppose to, I seem to do really well. Unfortunately, I am extremely congested and my voice comes and goes. It's not in my lungs, so the doctor said that it is nothing to really worry about. My mom will be here tomorrow for at least 1 week and I am really excited about that. It will be nice to have the help and it will also be nice to spend that much time with my mom. We usually only get a few days together at a time. I am also really excited for her to meet Sweet P. I am sad that my dad can't come over at this time, but he can't take that much time off of work. They are Sweet P's only grandparents and I want her to be with them as much as possible.
As you can see from all of the pictures, she is the most beautiful baby to ever grace the planet! I know that all parents think their babies are the most beautiful, but there is no denying that mine actually is!!!!! No prejudice at all!!!! Once I figure out how to work our scanner, I will post baby pictures of J and myself. I think she looks a lot like me but I do see J in her face too. J thinks she looks just like him, so maybe we will have to post a survey to see what everyone else thinks.
As you can see from all of the pictures, she is the most beautiful baby to ever grace the planet! I know that all parents think their babies are the most beautiful, but there is no denying that mine actually is!!!!! No prejudice at all!!!! Once I figure out how to work our scanner, I will post baby pictures of J and myself. I think she looks a lot like me but I do see J in her face too. J thinks she looks just like him, so maybe we will have to post a survey to see what everyone else thinks.



0 comments:
Post a Comment