BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Why is naming a child so hard?

J and I cannot agree on a name for this little girl! Suggestions anyone? We want something that is not too common; afterall, our last name is very common.  Nothing weird, just something that you don't hear everyday and so she won't have 5 other kids in her class with the same name. I'm a planner and not knowing what she will be named is driving me crazy!



On another note, we went and registered at Babies R Us this week! I don't know about J, but I had a ton of fun picking out all of the items that we need for the baby. Above is a picture of the bedding set that we decided on. The nursery will be pink, sage green and white. I'm excited to get started painting and decorating it!

8 comments:

The Nielson Clan said...

That's awesome! Remember when we were younger and we used to pull your mom's JCPenney cataloges out and look through the baby section and write our "lists" of everything we would ever need?? Oh good times. Anyway, we had a lot of trouble naming our children too...we never could agree on anything. I think Kendyll is a very pretty name although it is seeming to get a little more common. I'm so happy for you...good luck in the name department!!

CJ said...

I LOVE the name Kendall. That was my first choice, but Jarrod hates it. He says that it reminds him of a ken doll. Ugh. I totally remember going through the catalogs. We were so funny!

Trishelle said...

LOVE the crib set. It's beautiful.

As for a name, I absolutely love the name Evangeline. I wanted to name Evie that name and just have Evie as her nickname, but Chris hated it. So we stuck with Evie and it totall fit her.

Others we love are:

Paige
Liliana or Lilly
Melanie or Laney

I can hardly wait to hear what you guys come up with!

CJ said...

I love the name Laney too! But Jarrod of course hates it. Are we seeing a trend here? Lilly and Paige were also on a list I made, but he nixed them both. Last night we had a bit of a squabble as I pointed out that he would not agree to anything I want and thats not fair since he named both Hunter and Autumn (first and middle names for both). I also reminded him that this is the only child that I am going to have so I should not have to settle on what he wants. He said that we would not agree on anything and to just choose whatever I want, he just won't like it. So I made a list of my favorite names and I will let him choose from that list. Hopefully this child will be named before Christmas!

The Nielson Clan said...

One thing we did that helped...I picked Jordyn's first name, he picked the middle name. With Jeylin, we both picked the name but he had the option of spelling it...hence the STRANGE spelling that no one can pronounce. With Kierra, we had a lot of trouble. Neither of us could pick a name for her but finally, I did what you did. I made a list of all my favorites and he chose one off that. The middle name is my middle name so it was pretty much a done deal. I would get a baby name book if you don't already have one and just read every single name together and see if there are any that could be considered a "maybe" name. One other thing, make sure it flows with the middle and last names and that the initials don't spell something odd. Good luck!!

CJ said...

I have a baby book with 40,001 names, but it hasn't helped so far. I am not flexible on the middle name and Jarrod knows that. I would love to name my daughter after my Grandma Mowery, but her name was Martha Fern and its not exactly the prettiest name around. So, I chose Elizabeth because it was her mothers middle name. I have 8 names for him to choose from, they are: Aubrey, Avery, Brooke, Camden, Kendall, Makenna, Scout and Shawnie. He likes the names Peyton, Reese and Willow. I like Peyton, but our neighbors sons name is that and I always think of him when I hear it. I like Reese as well, but its a long story as to why I don't want it. And Willow, well that just sounds hippy to me!

Anonymous said...

I like Bella.

bree said...

i like aubree lucy audry I also think martha is lovely. look into yours and jarrods herritage and choose a name that way. Dita is an old german name we are both german so we went with it. grace is a great name too and i love victoria. Terrens name was Mesa Rae, then he was born and was a boy. little stinker. Savanna Moira Cora i love the name ingrid its so strong.