BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 17, 2010

Quick Update....

The last month has been a bit of a whirlwind!

After Sweet P's birthday, I was on vacation for 2 weeks (WONDERFUL)!  During that time, the Just Between Friends consignment sale occurred.  This sale is amazing!  In Portland, it occurs once in the fall and once in the spring at the Expo Center.  This spring was the first time that I was a consignor as well as a shopper!  I spent a lot of hours prepping my items for the sale, but man oh man was it worth it!  I walked away with $290 from JBF plus I sold $75 before the sale occurred!  (For those mathmatically challenged such as myself, that's $365!).  I spent a total of $270 on tons of clothes for all 3 kids, plus potty chairs and books for Sweet P.  I can't wait for the fall sale!!!!

I returned to work on May 3rd, but after only 3 days back, I had to take leave again.  My brother had a massive heart attack on May 6th and we made a mad dash to Spokane to be at his side.  I got the call in the early morning hours from my neice Em telling me that he was being life-flighted from Lewiston to Spokane.  For the first few hours as I was waiting for updates, I nervously paced around the house.  Then I got a call from Em and my mom telling me that I needed to get there because the doctor had basically said that he was not going to make it.  We packed as quickly as we could and J drove like a bat out of hell to get us to Spokane.  Less than an hour out of Portland, a huge rock hit our windshield and we had to have it replaced once we made it to Spokane.  We spent Thursday thru Sunday sitting in the Cardiac ICU waiting room; Sweet P was amazing!  She entertained all who were there and was a happy as a little clam!  Things were touch and go with my brother for the first few days, but I am happy to report that he is set to be released from the hospital tomorrow!

So now, all has calmed again and I hope it stays that way.  Here are some recent pictures of my little lady!

0 comments: